1) NAME OF THE INSTITUTE: DIET, UKHRUL (District Institute of Education and Training, Ukhrul), Manipur.
2) ADDRESS: Hundung, Dungrei, Ukhrul District, Manipur – 795142
3) CONTACT DETAILS:
Name of Head – Konjengbam Radhakanta Singh
4) LOCATION: DIET – Ukhrul is located at Hunpung , Dungrei just 5 minutes walking distance from Dungrei Junction and it is a distance of 80 Km. from Imphal the capital of Manipur & 2 Km. from Proper Ukhrul Town the head quarter of Ukhrul District.
5) GEOGRAPHICAL REFERANCE: Latitude – 25.064557, Longitude – 94.347737.
6) AREA: 5 acres.
7) CONSTRUCTED AREA : 3 acres
8) YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT: 2002
9) YEAR OF RECOGNITION BY NCTE : 2005
10) INSTITUTION CATEGORY : Co – Education.
11) 2 years diploma in Elementary Education (2 years D.El.Ed for pre service only)
12) Intake Capacity: 50
DIET(District Institute of Education and Training),Ukhrul is located at Hunpung, Dungrei just 5 minutes walking distance from Dungrei Junction and it is a distance of 80km from the state capital, Imphal and 2km fro the Proper Ukhrul Town the Headquarter of of Ukhrul District.The Geo-coordinate of the Institute is 25.064557 latitude and 94.347737 longitude.The Siroi Lily in the Siroi Hills attracts the tourists.
The District Institute of Education and Training (DIET ) was envisioned in the National Policy of Education 1986 and was created by the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development in the early 1990s to strengthen elementary education and support the decentralization of education to the District Level. Elementary Teacher Education in Manipur started with the establishment of first BTI at Imphal on 22nd August ,1955 then at Canchipur and Kakching in 1961.After about ten years of establishment of BTI at Imphal there open BTC at Imphal since December 1965, BTI and BTC Imphal merged and upgraded to District Institute of Education and Training ( DIET ) Imphal as per recommendation of NPE after the establishment of State Council of Educational Research and Training ( SCERT ) Manipur in 1989 by upgrading the erstwhile State Institute of Education ( SIE ) .The District Institute of Education and Training, Ukhrul started functioning since 2002 with two courses CPE – for In-Service Teachers and D.El.Ed. for two years for Pre – Service Teachers with the main objective of strengthening school education in the District level.
CHALLENGES, VISSIONS, & OBJECTIVES OF DIET – UKHRUL.
- Enabling all teachers in school upto elementary to be qualified as per the requirement of the RTE – 2010.
- Regulating the quality of PSTE.
- Improving the quality of ISTE and directing it towards overall reacher professional and school improvement.
- Overseeing the quality of school education to support equity and encourage community involvement.
- Developing professionalism and capacity of teacher and reforming school curricula, pedagogy, assessment and examination.